Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall Into Reading 2009


I've decided to join Fall Into Reading 2009, hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days. The challenge started September 22 and ends December 20.

I think I like these seasonal reading challenges. They're pretty low key. And I absolutely love Autumn: curling up with a good book and a hot drink on chilly days. And that Fall Into Reading 2009 button is just so darn cute!

Anwyay, here's my list:
  1. Vinegar Hill
  2. Julie and Julia
  3. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
  4. The Poisonwood Bible
  5. Schaum's Quick Guide to Writing Great Short Stories
  6. The Forest for the Trees
  7. Once Again to Zelda
  8. Reading Lolita in Tehran
Vinegar Hill (which I am reading now) and Reading Lolita are my leftovers from the Summer Reading Challenge 2009. Julie and Julia, Guernsey, and Poisonwood are all books that other bloggers and commenters have inspired me to read. Writing Great Short Stories and Forest for the Trees are the latest additions to my growing collection of books on writing. And Once Again, Zelda is a book I picked up because i am a sucker for books about books.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so excited for you--Poisonwood is AWESOME! Enjoy! Reading Lolita in Tehran has been in my reading queue forever--I received it as bday gift eons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! Have fun with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Anni. You too!

    Rosemary - I think your blog may have been one of the ones where I read good things about Poisonwood! I am really looking forward to that one.

    ReplyDelete