Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh

It's Teaser Tuesday time again. I am currently re-reading Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh, which was one of my favorite books when I was 8. This is one of two books I am reading in honor of Banned Books Week, and  it's even better than I remember! I'll probably have more to say about this book later in the week; but for now, the teaser:
Janie Gibbs was Harriet's best friend besides Sport. She had a chemistry set and planned one day to blow up the world (p. 29).
I think this particular quote gives a taste of Fitzhugh's writing style and her quirky characters, which are only part of what make Harriet the Spy such a good read.

5 comments:

  1. Awe, that was one of my favorite books when I was a child! <3

    Allison
    Well-Read Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a long, long time. Great teaser. MIne is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/puzzle-king-teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this one on my TBR list for years now. I should go ahead and read it right now! Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing a lot of Teaser Tuesday posts lately. Sounds like a fun meme I may have to try out next week. Harriet the Spy is included on a banned books list? Insane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jlshall - I definitely recommend reading Harriet. I think I enjoyed it just as much as an adult as I did when i was a child.

    Rosemary - Yeah, I was surprised, too!

    ReplyDelete