Monday, September 21, 2009

Summer 2009 Reading Challenge Results

Summer Reading Challenge 2009
 
Today was the last day of the Summer 2009 Reading Challenge hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer Reads. This was my first ever reading challenge (since my Book It! days, anyway,) and I had set a rather modest goal for myself, a list of five books I wanted to read this summer.

Well, I am sorry to say that I failed in my summer reading endeavor. I have only finished reading three novels(Click the links to read my thoughts on these books):
And I have only just started on the fourth. On one hand I feel like such a slowpoke. But on the other I am pretty proud of myself for finishing as many as I did, especially considering the short-notice, cross-country move. I'm so glad I took this challenge because I really have rediscovered the pleasure of getting lost in a good book this summer.

And I definitely think that doing the reading challenge has helped me to once again develop a reading habit. That is why I intend to take on more reading challenges right away. Keep an eye out for my Fall reading list; coming soon. And maybe a couple of other challenges, too.

I hope you all had lovely summers filled with books and writing and other good things!

No comments:

Post a Comment